Five Rivers MetroParks' Response to COVID-19
Five Rivers MetroParks cares deeply about the health of its employees, volunteers and community.
Five Rivers MetroParks continues to follow the directives and requirements from Ohio Department of Health (ODH), Public Health — Dayton & Montgomery County and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). MetroParks also is responding with the health and safety of its community, volunteers and employees top of mind. MetroParks will update this web page as the situation evolves.
You can also find the most current information — as well as navigate trails, locate park amenities and much more — by downloading Five Rivers MetroParks’ mobile app, powered by OuterSpatial.
All Five Rivers MetroParks parks and trails are open. However, visitors should read the information below and plan ahead. Visitors also should follow the CDC’s recommendations.
Due to the most updated CDC information, effective Saturday, January 14, and until further notice, masks are optional for MetroParks’ staff, volunteers and visitors in indoor facilities. As always, we will continue to monitor CDC, Ohio Department of Health and Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County for guidance as we move forward. Future policies may change based on guidance from these entities.
An overview of what’s open and what’s closed in Five Rivers MetroParks is below, and details about closures within specific MetroParks is at metroparks.org/alerts.
The COVID-19 public health emergency is still a serious and evolving situation. Thank you for bearing with us as we work towards the same goal: enjoying the outdoors and using indoor facilities safely.
- Five Rivers MetroParks parks and trails are open from 8 AM to 10 PM through October 31. Admission is free.
- Restrooms are open, and all trash and recycling receptacles are available.
- All indoor facilities and attractions, such as visitor centers at Cox Arboretum and Carriage Hill MetroParks, are open.
- Five Rivers MetroParks’ 2nd Street Market is open indoors during the following days and times:
- Fridays from 11 AM – 3 PM
- Saturdays from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Sundays from 11 AM – 3 PM
- All campsites are open and reservations are required.
- All shelters are open and accepting reservations.
- Playgrounds and nature play areas are open.
- Visit MetroParks’ Nature Is Open blog for stories, videos and more about how you can stay safe and have fun while improving your physical and mental health outdoors.