Cox Arboretum Rentals
Enter the Arboretum where serenity and peace abound. Surround yourself with breathtaking vistas of natural beauty.
The Allée features a covered arbor and more than 100 kousa dogwoods, planted in two double rows to provide a natural aisle. The dogwoods bloom in late May to early June, lasting up to a month. Burgundy fall color adds extra seasons of beauty. This venue accommodates up to 200 guests and includes electricity. This location has the option to rent chairs.
The Great Lawn
Located next to the Zorniger Education Center, the Great Lawn provides a breathtaking view of the Arboretum grounds. This venue includes a tent that can be arranged with rows of chairs for a wedding ceremony or round tables and chairs for a wedding reception and can accommodate up to 200 guests. Included with the rental are the Fifth Third Conference Center and Huffman Gallery.
Edible Landscape Garden Pavilion (ELG)
The design of the Pavilion, a wooden structure with limestone columns, carries the overall architectural theme of the education campus into the gardens. An arbor and gate at the entrance lead visitors into the ELG and provide an attractive first glimpse of the Pavilion and the surrounding plantings. This venue accommodates up to 200 guests and includes electricity. This location has the option to rent chairs.
Fifth Third Conference Center
The exposed natural white fir ceiling and large stone fireplace create a “lodge” feel, with a twin fireplace outside on the patio. Lined with windows, the Center overlooks the Arboretum and features a dance floor and state-of-the-art audiovisual system. This venue accommodates up to 100 guests banquet style and up to 175 guests theatre style. Using the Huffman Gallery in addition to this room can accommodate larger gatherings.
Visitors enter the Huffman Gallery and are greeted with a sweeping view of the Arboretum and gardens through the glass walls lining the Gallery from end to end. The floor of the Huffman Gallery is a natural cleft dark green slate. This venue accommodates approximately 100 guests reception style and 150 guests for a wedding ceremony.
The theatre-in-the-round design of the MeadWestvaco Theatre, with elevated, tiered seating, is optimal for presentations and demonstrations. An ideal venue for corporate presentations, meetings, training and other educational events, this facility accommodates 48 guests and includes state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment.
Kettering Learning Lab
The Kettering Learning Lab features a domed ceiling, dark green natural cleft slate floors, tables and windows on three sides. Its location provides the campus's most comprehensive and captivating view of the Arboretum grounds, making it the perfect meeting space for small groups of up to 25 guests.
Rental Guidelines and Pricing
For information on rental guidelines please contact the Events Coordinator at (937) 278-2657 to schedule an appointment.
*Fifth Third Conference Center & Huffman Gallery
Mon. – Fri. 8-5 PM (8 hours): N/A
Mon. – Thurs. After 5 PM (4 hours): $1,000
Fri. – Sun. (4 hours): $2,300
Fifth Third Conference Center
Mon. – Fri. 8-5 PM (8 hours): $500
Mon. – Thurs. After 5 PM (4 hours): $500
Fri. – Sun. (4 hours): $1,500
Kettering Learning Lab
Mon. – Fri. 8-5 PM (8 hours): $300
Mon. – Thurs. After 5 PM (4 hours): $300
Fri. – Sun. (4 hours): $500
Mon. – Fri. 8-5 PM (8 hours): $350
Mon. – Thurs. After 5 PM (4 hours): $350
Fri. – Sun. (4 hours): $600
Additional time is available at an hourly rate. Weekends start Friday at 5 PM.
*On weekends only available after 5 PM
- You receive two hours prior to your event for set up and one hour clean up time after the event. Included with your rental is the use of our round/rectangular tables and chairs.
- A 50% nonrefundable deposit is due with the signed contract to secure your reservation. The balance of the rental fee and a security deposit of $300 along with any other applicable fee(s) will be due 60 days prior to the scheduled event.
- Renting space at Cox Arboretum is a benefit of James M. Cox, Jr. Arboretum Foundation membership at the $100-Lilac level. Membership is required.
- If you are interested in having your event catered, you must use one of the approved caterers.
- Box lunches, drinks, and snacks may be brought in for daytime business rentals.
- Fees charged for catering are not included in the facility rental fee.
- If you plan to serve alcohol at your event, a Five Rivers MetroParks law enforcement officer must be present for the duration of the event. This requires an additional fee of $35 per hour.
- Events must end by 12:00 am (midnight) on Friday and Saturday and 11:00 pm Sunday through Thursday.
Edible Landscape Garden (ELG)
Mon. – Sun. (2 hour blocks): $600
Mon. – Sun. (2 hour blocks): $600
The Great Lawn (includes Fifth Third Conference Center and Huffman Gallery)
Mon. – Sun. (4 hour blocks): 40’x40′ tent, 1-100 guests, $3,800
Mon. – Sun. (4 hour blocks): 40’x60′ tent, 101-200 guests, $4,400
- The ELG, Great Lawn, and Allée are reserved on a first call basis.
- Payment in full and the completed agreement form are required to secure your reservation.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, the Arboretum must receive a written request for cancellation no later than six months prior to the ceremony to receive a refund.
- If you are unable to use the ELG or Allée due to weather conditions, you may request in writing a refund of 50% within 10 days following your scheduled ceremony.
- All items must be carried, and you must walk to and from the chosen site.
- Transportation is not provided to and from your event location.
- You and your guests must walk to and from your chosen site and you must carry any decorative or other items you plan to use.
- Chairs may be rented for use in the ELG and the Allée.
- Electricity is provided in the ELG Pavilion and Allée and music ispermitted, but cannot be amplified over the entire grounds.
- No tents or any other structures are allowed beyond what is provided by the Arboretum.
- You may not attach any kind of decorations (signs, crepe paper, etc.) to Arboretum property.
- You may toss flower petals or use bubbles during your event, but NO confetti, birdseed or rice can be used. These products are detrimental to the health of our wildlife.
- Food and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the ELG and Allée.
- We cannot provide an alternate venue for use during inclement weather. As a precautionary measure, you may wish to select a back up location.
- Renting space at Cox Arboretum is a benefit of membership at the $100-Lilac level. Membership is required.
Food & Beverage
When food and/or beverages are a component of an approved event, use of one of our approved caterers is required.
- Bernstein’s Fine Catering (937) 898-2761
- Brock Masterson’s Catering (937) 298-1234
- Christopher’s Catering (937) 299-0089
- Elite Catering (937) 559-4590
- El Meson Catering (937) 859-8229
- Mrs. B’s Catering (937) 676-2883
- Welton’s Catering (937) 848-2381
Fees charged for catering are not included in the facility rental fee and are to be obtained directly from the caterer. Please contact our approved caterers for specific information. The catering agreement is separate from the rental contract. The grounds and buildings including the kitchen facilities are not available for food preparation and storage by groups or individuals. No grills or open fires are permitted on the grounds. The caterer is responsible for setup and cleanup for all events or rentals in which they provide service.
Boxed lunches, bottled or canned drinks and snacks may be brought in for daytime business rentals. This must be approved by the Building Manager or Events Coordinator prior to the event. The renter is responsible for all cleanup when this option is used.
The sale, consumption or use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited unless specifically permitted by the Director of Five Rivers MetroParks. The purchase of alcoholic beverages must be coordinated through the caterer. If such approval is granted, it is required that the caterer and all groups or individuals abide by all current Ohio liquor laws and assume all responsibility for violations of said laws. Serving of alcohol will terminate no less than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled event ending time. The caterer or MetroParks law enforcement or staff reserve the right to refrain from serving any individual based on behavior or actions related to intoxication or suspected intoxication.
Events with alcohol as a component will require the presence of a Five Rivers MetroParks’ law enforcement office for the duration of the event at a separate rate of $35 per hour with said payment made directly to Five Rivers MetroParks. Alcohol is to be confined to the rental area(s) and must not leave the premises. The renter is responsible for assuring guests arrive home safely.
Fundraising events with an admission charge in which alcohol will be served or sold at a cash bar must have a liquor permit and liability insurance. A copy of the permit and insurance certificate must be on file at Cox Arboretum no later than one (1) week prior to the event date. Failure to have this information will result in the absence of alcohol during the event. The renter is required to abide by all current Ohio liquor laws and assume all responsibility for violations of said laws.