RiverScape Paddling Rentals
Rent kayaks to explore the Great Miami River in downtown Dayton.
Paddle under the fountains with Taiter’s Kayak Solutions all Summer Long at RiverScape MetroPark. Regular walk-up rental hours will take place Thursdays, June- September from 4-8pm and launch from under the Riverside Bridge along the Great Miami Recreational Trail.
Your Paddling Experience
Kayak rentals are targeted at beginner and first-time paddlers. Those renting will not be permitted to go through the RiverScape RiverRun whitewater feature.
Visitors will receive at least one full hour of paddling in the Great Miami River. They can paddle in the river area from RiverScape MetroPark to Deeds Point MetroPark. If they choose, visitors also can paddle under the Five Rivers Fountain of Lights, which runs at the top of every hour.
Taiter’s Kayak Solutions staff will provide visitors with brief instruction prior to entering the water, which will include a safety tutorial, and help visitors get into their vessels.
All visitors will be required to wear a properly fitted lifejacket. The lifejacket will be included with the rental, along with other safety equipment.
Swimming is prohibited in the Great Miami River, but visitors should come prepared to get wet.
No lifeguards are on duty, and paddling is at all visitors’ own risk. All visitors must sign a waiver to participate.
Age and Weight Requirements
Visitors must be at least 14 years old.
The maximum weight for participation is 325 pounds. All participants must wear a life jacket, and the maximum chest size for proper fit is 52 inches.
- All participants must wear a life jacket at all times while on the water. See age and weight restrictions above.
- Shoes are recommended, ideally ones with a closed toe and a heel strap. Flip-flops are not recommended.
- Always remain seated while kayaking. Do not stand or sit on the edge of the kayak.
- Swimming is not permitted.
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted.
- In case of thunderstorms, participants will have to vacate the water for 20 minutes once lightning has been spotted.
- Paddle at your own risk!
- Once you have chosen to participate, there are no refunds for changes in the weather.