Ranger Complaint & Compliment
Upon submission of a complaint, the following actions will be taken to ensure transparency and accountability:
- The complaint will be forwarded to a supervisor for investigation.
- The supervisor will be in contact with you within 3 business days to obtain a statement of facts.
- The supervisor will contact and interview any witnesses to the incident.
- The supervisor will gather and review all reports and other information, as well as all audio or video from the in-car camera, body-worn camera, or any other audio or video that may have been recorded and is available to us.
- The supervisor will obtain a statement from the ranger involved and any other rangers or other law enforcement officers who were on the scene at the time.
- Based on all the above information, we will determine if the ranger violated any policies or procedures, and if so, determine the appropriate level of corrective action needed.
- You will be notified in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 60 days of filing the complaint.
- Ranger Division employees’ rights are safeguarded by union contract.
Complaints may also be sent by USPS or in-person at Ranger Headquarters, 2151 Embury Park Road, Dayton, Ohio, 45414