May 17th is Bike to Work Day!
More than 600 cycling enthusiasts come out for the region's largest celebration of biking as a means of transportation!
Thank you to those who participated in the 2018 National Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast, presented by Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission.
Here are the numbers:
- Collectively, 6,424 miles were biked, saving 257 gallons of gas!
- Our oldest participant was 84 years old and our youngest commuter was 6 months!
- Out of our 600 riders, 26% were first time bike commuters (9% growth)!
- We had a great time and thank you 110%!
Thanks to everyone for uniting with us to share the culture and the fun of biking to work! Just one of many reasons Dayton, OH is a Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly Community!
If you missed the fun in 2018, join us throughout May 2019 for regional events and of course the 2019 Bike to Work Day National Pancake Breakfast at RiverScape MetroPark on May 17 from 7-9 AM:
- mingle with bike-related exhibitors,
- tour the Bike Hub,
- enter the team challenge to win sweet prizes,
- commemorate your ride at the Dayton Cycling Club photo booth
- enjoy a cup of joe from Boston Stoker after an invigorating morning ride.
|Ride to RiverScape MetroPark for National Bike To Work Day Pancake Breakfast, presented by Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission|