OUTstanding Teacher Award Nomination
Each year, Five Rivers MetroParks OUTstanding Teacher Award recognizes classroom educators who connect students with inspiring outdoor experiences that shape positive attitudes toward nature.
How Do I Nominate?
You may either produce a video (5 minutes or shorter) or write a short essay that answers the following questions:
- Why do you feel this teacher is deserving of the OUTstanding Teacher Award?
- In what ways does this teacher get students outside during the school day?
- In what ways does this teacher weave nature into the curriculum?
- Does this teacher get students outdoors after typical school hours? Please provide specifics about what the teacher does!
- What are the most significant positive impacts the nominee has made on other teachers/ the school community?
- How does your candidate go above and beyond leading his/her students in outdoor experiences? Please provide specific examples of what the teacher does!
- How does this teacher utilize outdoor space at the school? Has he/she created or enhanced a green school yard?
- Why are you personally nominating this person?
- Please choose two photos of the teacher that capture the great work he/she is doing, getting kids outside and bringing nature into the curriculum.
Post the video to YouTube and include the link in the form field below or upload the essay document in the Essay Upload field. For the video, don’t worry about production value as much as communicating why you think your nominee is the best candidate for the award.
Winning teachers will receive their awards at the Miami Valley Leave No Child Inside Summit.