Make a Difference Day 2017
One day can make a difference!
Community members of all ages will work at various sites throughout the Dayton area. Examples of past projects include:
- Seed planting at Cox Arboretum MetroPark
- Maintenance, pruning and planting at Hills & Dales MetroPark
- Prepping for the upcoming ice skating season at RiverScape MetroPark
- Rebuilding pasture fences at Carriage Hill MetroPark
- Painting, mulching, and trail work at Germantown MetroPark
- Tree planting at the Medlar Conservation Area
- Seed collection and maintenance at Wesleyan MetroPark
- Invasive honeysuckle removal at Aullwood Garden MetroPark and Englewood MetroPark
“We appreciate the support and help we receive from the community, which allows Five Rivers MetroParks to more effectively protect our region’s natural heritage,” said Yvonne Dunphe, volunteer coordinator for Five Rivers MetroParks. “Participating in Make a Difference Day is a great way for everyone to help preserve our environment while experiencing the outdoors and connecting with nature.”
Make a Difference Day is considered the nation’s largest day of service. Make a Difference Day has been taking place for more than 20 years and has worked with millions of volunteers throughout the United States. Five Rivers MetroParks has participated in the program in various capacities during the past few years.
Wear suitable clothing for the weather and boots or thick-soled shoes. Note: Participants will not get in the water.