Make a Difference Day
One day can make a difference!
Join us Saturday, Oct. 23 from 9 AM to noon for Make a Difference Day at Five Rivers MetroParks! Community members of all ages will work at various sites throughout Five Rivers MetroParks to help us clean up our parks and prepare for the winter season. Make a Difference Day is a great way to get outside and give back this October. Register your family, friends, or your work group and get everyone outside to make a difference!
Examples of past projects include:
- Invasive plant removal at Cox Arboretum MetroPark
- Invasive plant removal and habitat restoration at Hills & Dales MetroPark
- Edging landscape beds, cleaning up the river banks and recreation trails around RiverScape MetroPark
- Tree planting and invasive plant removal at Carriage Hill MetroPark
- Invasive plant removal long roadway corridors and tree planting at Germantown MetroPark
- Tree planting at the Medlar Conservation Area
- Habitat restoration, garden bed winterization and trash cleanup at Wesleyan MetroPark
- Invasive plant removal and repairs at Aullwood Garden MetroPark and Englewood MetroPark
National Make a Difference Day has been taking place for more than 20 years and has worked with millions of volunteers throughout the United States. Five Rivers MetroParks is a proud supporter of this event and has hosted projects over the last several years.
“Volunteers are an important part of our everyday operations at Five Rivers MetroParks,” said MetroParks Director of Parks and Conservation, Chris Pion. “Events such as Make-A-Difference-Day connect us to large numbers of volunteers in one day that allow us to plan and complete large-scale projects that would otherwise not be possible. We are so thankful for the dedicated support that we receive from these wonderful volunteers.”
Wear suitable clothing for the weather and boots or thick-soled shoes. Note: Participants will not get in the water.