Blue Heron Disc Golf Course
A fun and relaxing outdoor activity for people of all ages!
The Blue Heron Disc Golf Course at Englewood MetroPark provides a fun and relaxing outdoor activity for people of all ages. Disc golf is a game that encourages people to get out and enjoy being active in nature, and it provides a free activity the whole family can enjoy outside. Patrons can take advantage of a fun-filled family outing, a friendly match or a personal trek through this 18-hole facility at the south end of the East Park.
Course Par: All holes are par 3. The course is par 54.
What To Do
- Play a full round of 18 holes.
- Play a half round of 9 holes.
- Practice your putting on the “Practice” basket.
- Bring the whole family for a round.
- Look for deer and other wildlife.
- Keep the course clean by using the trash receptacles.
- Play in a Dayton Disc Golf Association (DDGA) tournament.
- Enjoy a picnic in between rounds.
- Watch out for other park patrons and respect others when throwing your disc.
- When you’re finished, enjoy the rest of Englewood MetroPark.
There are a variety of events at the course throughout the year. The DDGA holds a doubles league every other Thursday. You do not need a partner to play. The association also runs an event at the course every July. See the DDGA’s website for more details. The course also boasts a Pro Disc Golf event in November called the Stillwater Open. Details at http://411disc.com/.