Carriage Hill Riding Center Release Form
- Show proper courtesy and respect for others and horses at all times.
- Five Rivers MetroParks staff members and/or volunteers are designated to direct traffic flow and monitor safe riding habits. These people are your hosts and safety authority; please respect their decisions as final.
- Helmets and long pants must be worn when riding, as well as protective, close-toed shoes.
- In case of inclement weather, please follow instructions of the designated FRMP personnel; for example, whether or not an activity will continue.
I/We understand that horseback riding is an inherently dangerous activity and that danger is always present in such an activity despite all safety precautions.
Under Ohio law, horseback riding is deemed to carry inherent and unavoidable risks with it, and Five Rivers MetroParks is immune from liability for injuries and damages arising from those inherent risks. According to the Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.321, the inherent risks of horseback riding include, but are not limited to: “ (a) The propensity of an equine [i.e., the horse] to behave in ways that may result in injury, death, or loss to persons on or around the equine; (b) The unpredictability of an equine’s reaction to sounds, sudden movement, unfamiliar objects, persons, or other animals; (c) Hazards, including, but not limited to, surface or subsurface conditions; (d) A collision with another equine, another animal, a person, or an object; (e) The potential of an equine activity participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury, death, or loss to the person of the participant or to other persons, including, but not limited to, failing to maintain control over an equine or failing to act within the ability of the participant.” I understand that if I have questions about these risks, I have the opportunity to ask those questions before checking the confirmation box on this Risk Waiver & Release. By checking the box below this Risk Waiver & Release, I fully accept these risks.
I further understand that, upon mounting a horse and taking up the reins, the rider is the primary control of the horse. If the rider falls from a horse to the ground, the rider will fall from 3.5 to 5 feet, possibly resulting in injury, disability, or even death to the rider. I understand this risk, and by signing this Risk Waiver & Release, I fully accept such risk. In exchange for permission to participate in Five Rivers MetroParks programs, specifically including horseback riding, and in addition to any payment made to Five Rivers MetroParks, on behalf of myself (and my child/ward) I agree to, and do hereby waive any and all claims against, and fully release, hold harmless, and indemnify, the Board of Park Commissioners of Five Rivers MetroParks, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers from any and all claims related to any illness, injury (including loss of life), property damage, or any other loss which I (or my child/ward) may sustain arising out of, or in any way related to my (or my child’s/ward’s) participation in Five Rivers MetroParks’ programs.
Consent to Treat:
In the event of injury or illness, I authorize (on behalf of myself or my child/ward) Five Rivers MetroParks to obtain first aid and/or medical treatment at the nearest and most adequate facility of Five Rivers MetroParks’ choice. This release is completed and signed of my own free will and with the sole purpose of authorizing medical treatment under emergency circumstances for myself, or in my absence, for the minor child/ward listed.
I authorize Five Rivers MetroParks to publish, in print, electronic, or video format, the likeness or image of myself or my child/ward, without limitation.
- Trail ride fees are refundable if requested at least 48 hours prior to the check-in time for the date of the event. No refund will be given if the request is made less than 48 hours in advance, unless in the case of extraordinary circumstances.
- If Five Rivers MetroParks cancels a trail ride due to weather, the customer will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule for another date, pending availability.
- In the event of a partial trail closure due to weather, Carriage Hill Riding Center Management may charge a prorated fee, and will issue the appropriate partial refund to the guest.
- In the event of a refund when the original payment was made with a credit card, the refunded amount will be returned to the card, but may take up to (5) business days to be reflected on the customer’s bank account.
- In the event of a refund when the original payment was made with a check or cash, the refunded amount will be returned by check, and may take up to (6) weeks.
- Please plan to arrive at your scheduled check-in time on the date of your reservation. Participants arriving 15 minutes past their check-in time may not be able to participate and would not be eligible for a refund.