Access to Nature Scholarships
Scholarships can now be used for campsite rentals and shelter rentals.
Five Rivers MetroParks is committed to providing quality parks, programs, and services to all residents of Montgomery County, regardless of their ability to pay. Five Rivers MetroParks has developed Access to Nature Scholarship program in conjunction with the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation that provides residents up to a 75% discount based on financial need. Families can qualify for up to $200 per calendar year to help remove financial barriers of participating in programs, campsite rentals and shelter rentals.
To qualify, families must:
- Live in Montgomery County
- Meet household income guidelines (see table below)
- Submit an application online or in writing along with the required documentation (W2s, paystubs, a copy of SNAP/EBT card,)
Funding Level Total Household Income
|Number in household||75% fee reduction||50% fee reduction|
|1||$0 – $11,670.99||$11,671 – $21,590|
|2||$0 – $15,730.99||$15,731 – $29,101|
|3||$0 – $19,790.99||$19,791 – $36,612|
|4||$0 – $23,850.99||$23,851 – $44,123|
|5 or more||$0 – $27,910.99||$27,911 – $51,634|
Please carefully review the following before completing this application:
- All Montgomery County households with demonstrated need are eligible for Access to Nature Scholarships.
- Scholarships will be granted on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Need is determined through the number of persons in the household combined with the total household income.
- Applicants may make one request per calendar year. Applications are accepted beginning in January each year. Space will not be held while the scholarship application is in process so please apply as early as possible to allow time to process the application and finalize the registration. It is highly recommended that you apply at the beginning of the year or prior to the season so you can be pre-approved and can take advantage of your desired program. This will limit any chance of missing out on the desired opportunity as your application is processed.
- Applicants are required to complete an Access to Nature Scholarship Application and provide their most recent federal tax return or other valid documentation (W2 forms, pay stub, Social Security statement, proof of unemployment or public assistance verification).
- All information requested on this form and necessary documentation must be completed in full and submitted before this application can be reviewed. There is no deposit required.
- Information provided on the scholarship application is confidential and will be reviewed only by Five Rivers MetroParks staff.
- Five Rivers MetroParks staff will review the application and determine eligibility and maximum award. Applicants will be notified by phone or email regarding scholarship award. Awards are granted on first come, first served basis for those meeting eligibility requirements.
- Completion of this application does not guarantee a scholarship. Scholarship funds are limited. Awarded scholarships will not exceed 75% of the registration fee.
- Cancellations are accepted. However, only the portion of the registration fee paid by the applicant will be refunded. The scholarship portion will be forfeited and cannot be applied to other program registration fees.
- Scholarships are non-transferable to other households. At the end of the calendar year, any remaining scholarship balance will be forfeited.
- Applicants should apply two weeks in advance of desired program to allow time to process the application and to complete the registration prior to the program registration close date.
- Programs can sell out or be canceled due to low registration several days in advance of the program.
If you have any questions, please call 937-275-PARK.