Published November 17, 2023
Holiday shopping season at the 2nd Street Market
Holiday Shopping Season at the 2nd Street Market
Shop the 2nd Street Market to support your favorite small businesses this holiday season. Whether you’re shopping for fresh produce and kitchen staples for a meal, or looking for a one-of-a-kind gift from one of the Markets artisans, the Market is a one-stop destination for the holidays this year.
While the outdoor market is closed for the season, many of those businesses who made their debut outdoors this year will be popping up indoors during the winter months, including Lucy’s Pastry Palace, The Winery at Versailles, Marie B. Mobile Mending, Jess The Heart Baker and Mohana Linxx, just to name a few. Be sure to follow your favorite Market vendors on their social media pages or look for weekend pop-up vendor updates on the 2nd Street Market Facebook page.
We’re extending the 2nd Street Market’s hours on Wednesday, Nov. 22, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to give you an extra day to shop before your holiday feast! Grab last-minute recipe needs, prepared foods, desserts, decor, gifts and more during our pre-Thanksgiving shopping day.
Save the Date – Sunset at the Market & Holly Days
The Market, in collaboration with the Arcade Holly Days and Dayton RTA, will be hosting a special evening of Holiday shopping and entertainment Dec. 7 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Roaming Carolers, artisan, specialty and prepared food will be in attendance. An RTA shuttle bus service will be making stops at both locations as well as the Oregon District Parking Garage between 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Shop both locations this evening for a chance to win a festive artisan vendor Holiday basket!
Save the Date – Artisan Night DIY Workshops
Dec. 14, get hands-on this holiday season to treat yourself or your loved ones with a one-of-a-kind gift. With help from the Market’s vendors, you can enjoy an evening of crafting, creating and beyond. Workshops offered will be:
- Marie’s B Mobile: How to sew or embroider a Christmas ornament. $10. No registration required, walk-ins welcome.
- Sweet Emmy Herbals: Make your own tea blend for Christmas. $20. No registration required, walk-ins welcome.
- Studio Regina Glass: Fused Glass ornaments. $40. Registration is required.
- Ninjtaro: Tree of life necklace. $25. No registration required, walk-ins welcome.
- The Flowerman: Christmas top table arrangement. $29.99. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time, but walk-ins are accepted.
- Anne Green Designs: DIY Family & Me Portrait Holiday Craft Workshop. $40. Registration is required.
- Hedy Riegle Studio Ltd.: Paper medallion. $15. Registration is required.
- Curious Creations Macrame: Macrame Christmas tree ornament. $20. Guests can register by messaging vendor on Instagram, Facebook or by email.
- November 22, (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Stock-Up Wednesday
- November 24, (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Create a Holiday Glass Ornament with Studio Regina
- December 1, (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.): Design a Custom Holiday Tea Blend with Pat Frock
- December 7, (5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.): Sunset at the Market & Holly Days
- December 10, (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Native Christmas Tree Sale
2nd Street Market programming and events presented by Dayton Children’s.
Holiday Mini Market Saturday Nights at RiverScape
Double your shopping day fun this winter season at the 2nd Street Market by including a visit to RiverScape Metropark for an evening of ice skating.
Season passes are discounted during the ice rink’s opening weekend Friday, November 24, 2023. There will be Holiday Mini Market Nights on the first three Saturdays in December from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m at the Comfort Tent, presented by Butler Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing. Skaters and park visitors can shop a rotation of 2nd Street Market vendors and help support local businesses this holiday season including Peace on Fifth, Netta’s Naturals, Catch Some Sun, Mohana Linxx and more. Stay tuned to RiverScape’s Facebook page for updates, additional announcements and more.
For those who utilize EBT/SNAP benefits, many indoor growers and specialty food vendors accept tokens from the Market’s EBT/SNAP exchange, as well as Produce Perks matching incentive tokens. The exchange booth is now available again on Fridays, in addition to Saturdays and Sundays, during the Market’s operational hours.