Updated August 24th, 2023
Summer Music wraps up, Community Fitness continues, and more at RiverScape
RiverScape Summer Music Series
Summer may be wrapping up – but we still have some excitement in store here at Dayton’s Front Porch. So, pull up those lawn chairs, enjoy one final show, and take in the views of the Five Rivers Fountain of Lights before they pause on Labor Day! Special thanks to our RiverScape Summer Music Series presenting sponsor, Enterprise Roofing, for their support. Be sure to head down early for Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. for a variety of half-priced beers and hard seltzers before the concert! Here is our remaining line-up for the season:
- Thursday, Aug. 24 from 7 to 9 p.m.: Local Big Band/Swing Group, The Kim Kelly Orchestra
Fitness Opportunities Through Fall
Instead of the gym, why not make the great outdoors part of your workout routine? Join us at RiverScape over the next couple of months for a variety of fitness classes. The best part? They are completely free to attend! We offer different workouts for all experiences and comfort levels. Check out what fitness offerings remain:
- Zumba in the Park with Fit N Fruitful Wellness: Saturday, Aug. 26 from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Boot Camp with The Unit: Most Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. through Oct. 30
- BootyMix Fitness: Monday Aug. 28 from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Tai Chi & Qigong at the River with Immortal Tree Qigong: Tuesdays from 6 to 7 p.m. through Sept. 12
- Swerk with MVP Dance Fit: Wednesdays from 6 to 7 p.m. through Oct. 4 (No Class on Sept. 13)
- INNERGIZE with Kelly Gibson: Wednesday, Sept. 13 and Oct. 11 from 6 to 7 p.m.
Last Chance for Water Play!
While the kids may already be back in school, there are still chances to squeeze in some summer fun! Our interactive fountains will remain on daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. through Labor Day. The Our Fountain Snack Bar will also have delicious soft serve, freshly squeezed lemonade, slushies, and other treats available for purchase during your visit, and will remain open through Sunday, Sept. 3. Here are the hours for the Fountain Snack Bar so you can prepare ahead of your visit:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday-Thursday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Paddling rentals will remain available from Taiter’s Kayak Solutions on Tuesdays from 2 to 6 p.m. and Thursdays 4 to 8 p.m. through September. Kayaks will launch from under the Riverside bridge and are just $12 per person, per hour. To learn more about other paddling opportunities with Taiter’s Kayak Solutions, check out their Facebook page.
We’re developing a new plan for RiverScape MetroPark
Five Rivers MetroParks would like your input on what the park will offer in the future. Please take a few minutes to tell us about your experience with the park and how we can improve it for daily use. By completing the survey, you can enter to win a $150 Gift Certificate towards program & camp registrations, campsite & shelter rentals, and equipment rentals or one of three family skating passes for 2023-24 season.
Upcoming Special Events:
- September 9: Hunt Foundation Dollars for Scholars Sickle Cell Awareness Walk
- September 16: 22nd Annual Hispanic Heritage Festival
- September 23: NAMI Walk for Mental Health Awareness
- October 1: Tour de Gem
- October 7-8: Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience at Eastwood MetroPark
- October 15: Dayton City Market