Check here for recent updates on important information regarding trail closures, park alerts and ongoing construction.
- Programs that require reservations may be canceled if a minimum number of reservations are not received. Those with reservations will be contacted if such a situation occurs.
- The recreation trails near the rivers may be under water in periods of river flooding. Please scout and plan your trips accordingly. Use caution when traveling on sections that are under water, choosing an alternate route if at all possible. Visit miamivalleytrails.org or follow #MVTrails on Twitter for more detailed information regarding closures and alerts.
- Some areas of MetroParks facilities may not be available for use during periods of severe winter weather. These areas will be reopened as soon as possible. We follow a reopening plan that has been developed to best protect and best serve the majority of visitors as quickly as possible.
Main Street Bridge closure
8/13/18: The SR48 bridge over the Great Miami River will be closed from Aug. 17 at 8 PM to Aug. 20 at 6 AM. The multi-use trail below the bridge is expected to be closed on the south side of the river.
Eastwood Lake closed Aug. 25-26
This alert applies to the following parks:Eastwood
Carriage Hill Visitor Center main entrance closed
8/1/18: The main (upper) entrance to the Carriage Hill Visitor Center will be closed for renovations until further notice. Signs will be posted directing visitors to walk around to the lower level of the visitor center to enter. For wheelchair access, visitors will need to park at the Farm Parking lot 7850 Shull Rd. and follow the asphalt path to the visitor center.
This alert applies to the following parks:Carriage Hill
Cross country practice schedule
- Alter: Wednesdays, 4:30pm – 6:30pm, from July 18 through October 10
- Bellbrook: Tuesdays, 6:30pm – 8:30pm, and Thursdays, 8:30am – 10am, from June 5 through July 19
- Centerville: Mondays, 7:00am – 10:30am, from June 4 through August 13 and Mondays, 3:15pm-6:15pm, from August 20 through October 7
This alert applies to the following parks:Sugarcreek
Section of Great Miami River Trail closed upstream of Monument Ave. bridge
4/12/18: In Dayton, a short section of the Great Miami River Trail is closed just upstream of the Monument Ave. bridge on the south/left bank of the river. Cyclists coming from RiverScape MetroPark should reduce their speed to dismount and walk around the barricaded area.
Keowee Street Bridge construction detour
11/28/17: A detour route will be constructed for the Great Miami River Recreational Trail prior to commencing demolition of the Keowee Street bridge. This short detour will route trail users up a paved ramp to the top of the levee, across Keowee Street at the north end of the bridge, and back down a paved ramp to the Trail, a total distance of about one thousand feet. Trail users will be separated from traffic by concrete barriers when crossing Keowee Street. The detour is expected to be completed in the next three to four weeks, and detour signing will be erected by the contractor when it is ready for use. The detour will remain in place until the bridge is completed, which is estimated to be September of 2019.
Also during bridge construction, boat traffic on the Great Miami River will not be able to cross under the bridge. The portage route for boaters is the same as the detour for the Great Miami River Recreational Trail described above. Advance signage for boaters will be erected by the contractor.
Water off at several areas of Germantown MetroPark
Due to a well issue, there is no water available at the Welcome Center or Cottonwood, Gold Finch or Morning Glory shelters until further notice. There will continue to be vault toilet access for the affected shelters and a port-a-let in the Welcome Center parking lot.
This alert applies to the following parks:Germantown
Trail closure at Taylorsville MetroPark
The Buckeye/North Country trail is closed in Taylorsville MetroPark between the Tadmor Lot and Old Springfield Rd. Users are advised to use the Great Miami River Bikeway as their route for this portion of trail until further notice.
This alert applies to the following parks:Taylorsville