August 14 2020
Outdoor 2nd Street Market vendor lineup for Saturday, August 15
Five Rivers MetroParks’ 2nd Street Market has reopened as an outdoor, fresh food shopping venue. Until further notice, the Market will be open only on Saturdays from 9 AM to 1 PM, rain or shine. Shoppers will need to plan ahead, as a number of precautions will be in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.
All shoppers must enter at the east end of the Market’s south parking lot and exit at the west end. A limited number of people will be allowed inside the shopping area at a time, so visitors may have to wait in line — while maintaining social distancing and wearing face coverings — before they can shop. Signage and volunteers will help guide shoppers.
The limited hours and other changes have been made to protect the health and safety of Market shoppers, vendors, staff and volunteers during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Prepare Ahead for a Very Different Shopping Experience
All shoppers will be required to wear face coverings that cover their mouth and nose to protect the health and safety of the Market’s staff, vendors and volunteers, as well as their own health and safety. A vendor will be located at the entrance selling face coverings. Exceptions will be made only for those who cannot wear a face covering due to health conditions.
Shoppers are also asked to take these other precautions:
- Social distancing of at least six feet must be maintained at all times.
- Shoppers are asked to purchase their items and move along so that others may do the same, as well as to prepare a list to expedite shopping.
- Shoppers are asked to designate one person per household to visit the Market.
- Shoppers will not be allowed to touch products, but instead must ask vendors for what they’d like to buy.
- Shoppers may use their own bags, but must package items themselves and refrain from placing their bags on communal spaces.
- Dogs are not permitted other than service animals.
- Restrooms and water fountains are not available, and shoppers will not have access to the interior of the Market building.
- Shoppers should stay home if they’re sick or have been in contact with someone who’s sick.
The 2nd Street Market & Homefull
Many Market vendors offer EBT/SNAP benefits and Produce Perks matching benefits — which still will be available to customers. Tokens are available from Homefull’s EBT/SNAP Exchange, temporarily located near the entrance of the outdoor market, to shop at participating Market vendors.
Participants will receive $5 coupons to spend throughout the season on qualified produces, which include fresh produce, herbs and honey. Seniors who qualify but are unable to leave their residence can arrange to send a proxy. Learn more.
These benefits are offered thanks to a partnership between Five Rivers MetroParks and Homefull.
Some Market vendors are also operating independently while the indoor facility remains closed. With different options to shop, there are many ways to support your favorite local artistans, growers and food vendors. View a list of vendors accepting online sales.
Even with the necessary precautions, Five Rivers MetroParks felt it was important to reopen the Market in the largest capacity possible at this time to give the community access to fresh, local food — especially as more people are protecting their health in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The reopening also is important because 2nd Street Market helps Five Rivers MetroParks meet its conservation mission and serve as the region’s conservation leader by providing the community with access to local food, which is less taxing on the environment and often healthier.
Current Market Vendors for Aug. 15, 2020
- Cabin Fever Confections
- Carroll Creek Farms
- Consider the Lilies
- Corner Hill Farm
- Dayton Microgreens
- Dayton Urban Grown
- Dohner Maple Products LLC
- Freshstart Farm
- Garber Farms Greenhouses and Produce
- Gypsy Chick Farm
- Harry’s Ole’d Country Orchard
- Irvin Honey
- Maria’s Unique Foods
- Mile Creek Farm
- Missy’s Wooden Roses (Mask Vendor)
- Pencil Bison Ranch
- Pet Wants Dayton
- Rosebud’s Ranch and Garden, LLC
- Sweet P’s Handcrafted Ice Pops
- The Flowerman!
- The Olive Tree