Park and Facility-Specific Rules
Follow these specific rules when using MetroParks and the facilities within them.
Carriage Hill Riding Center
- No alcohol or illegal drug use is permitted on facility grounds.
- No smoking is permitted in or near any barn or other structure on facility grounds.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted to handle or feed any horse on facility grounds.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted to enter a pasture/turnout on facility grounds.
- Any person engaging in equine activities at the facility is required to have proper signed and dated Release and Emergency Medical forms and to understand all inherent risks involved in these activities. *Persons under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign these forms.
- All persons engaging in equine activities at the facility are required to wear an approved SEI-certified riding helmet.
- Running, screaming and horseplay are not permitted in the barns or around the horses. Children not actively participating in an authorized program must be accompanied by an adult.
- No verbally or physically abusive behavior toward other persons or equines at the facility is tolerated.
- All those engaging in equine activities at the facility must wear proper attire, including long pants, hard-soled shoes with approximately a 1-inch heel, a weather-appropriate shirt and a helmet.
- All dogs must be kept on a leash and at a safe distance from equine activities at the facility.
Childrens Discovery Garden at Wegerzyn Gardens
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, please practice good garden manners and abide by the following rules:
- All children must be accompanied by an adult while exploring the garden.
- Children who still wear diapers must wear swim diapers in water play areas.
- Climbing is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted. (Leashed pets are welcome in
other areas of the park.)
- Wading and swimming are not permitted in the ponds.
- Please do not pick plants or remove animals from the garden.
- Walk, don’t run, while exploring the garden.
- Bicycles and inline skates are prohibited. Please secure your bike in the bike rack in the parking lot.
- Smoking is prohibited.
MetroParks Ice Rink at RiverScape
- Skate in the direction of the arrow.
- Use caution when entering and exiting the ice surface.
- Instructions given by ice rink staff must be adhered to at all times.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted on or around the rink.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the ice surface.
- Skating backward may not be possible when the rink is crowded.
- Be courteous to other skaters around you.
- Do not use profanity.
- Tag, horseplay and speed skating are not permitted.
- Food and drink are prohibited on the ice surface.
- Alcohol and illegal drug use are prohibited.
- Rules may change to provide safe, enjoyable skating for everyone.