Imagine FREE camping on the banks of the Eastwood Lagoon under the shade of stately sycamore trees.
The Klymit Campground powered by True Heights Equipment Outfitter will give you that experience and is conveniently located at Eastwood MetroPark next to all the action.
Camping at the event is a great way to take in all the action and still have a relaxing "home base." We have tent camping, pop up camper, or group camping options.
REGISTRATION IS ON-SITE ONLY
Register at the information tent located inside the main entrance gateway during Midwest Outdoor Experience. Those checking in Friday night after hours can set up and register Saturday morning.
Limited parking is set aside for campers near the campground. Let the parking staff know that you are a camper as you make your way down the park road so you can more easily access the camping area.
TO REGISTER: Visit the information tent located inside the main entrance gateway to the festival. Those checking in Friday night after public festival hours can set up and register Saturday morning. Friday and Saturday permits are available as space allows for both nights.
Options for camping at Midwest Outdoor Experience:
(1) Friday Night Only (2) Friday and Saturday Nights (3) Saturday Night Only (checkout is 11am on Sunday)
Get the mind body and soul ready for a big day of adventure with a wake up Dance Aerobic session on the main stage from 9:45-10:45 AM.
Directions and parking
View full map
- All Campers
- Quiet hours will apply in the tent camping area.
- If you wish to socialize, please move conversations to the night owl campfire that will be located outside of the camping area.
- Night Owls
- For those who like to socialize late night
- A communal fire pit will be available outside and away from the camping area.
- An acoustic musician may provide atmosphere around the campfire.
- Consideration of noise and loud voices is still to be expected.
Pop Up Campers (and small campers)
A limited amount of camper space will be available at the lake entrance of Eastwood MetroPark (1401 Harshman Rd.). Campers must be pop-up in style or less than 15 feet in length. No RVs. Camper space is primitive. Restrooms are available, but grey water dumping and electricity is not. Camper trailers can be unhooked and parked at the designated spaces at the lake side of Eastwood MetroPark. The pull vehicle can then be driven to the event (1385 Harshman Rd.).
Pop Up Camper parking is limited to the first 20 pop up campers. Bring the self-registration slip to Information Central after parking your camper.
- Additional designated camping spots will be made available for boy scout, girl scout, college and other groups of campers
- Registration is still on-site, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how many participants you are expecting
- Scout groups can email email@example.com to be connected with our scout camping liaison from the Miami Valley Council of BSA.
Campground rules in addition to standard Five Rivers MetroParks park policies:
- All campers can setup beginning Friday at 11:00 AM and must check out Sunday by 11:00 AM
- Campers must provide all of their own equipment.
- Slacklines are welcome in the campground
- Hammocks are permitted if suitable trees can be found.
- Fires are not permitted - a few community fires will be managed by campground staff.
- Food can be cooked on camp stoves or traditional backpacker stoves.
- Tent camping and limited camper parking only
- Five Rivers MetroParks supports Leave No Trace Principles.
- No alcohol.
- Restrooms and drinkable water access available.
- Electricity is not available in the campground.
- Fireworks are not permitted.
- Five Rivers MetroParks is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
- Campers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All pets must be kept on a leash, and please "dispose of waste properly."
- Remember to be considerate of other visitors. Quiet hours are 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM both nights
- No glass containers.
Security will be on site 24-7 for any concerns. You can call for a MetroParks Ranger by calling Montgomery County Dispatch at 937-535-2580.