For questions please call 937-274-3144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors to Midwest Outdoor Experience (formerly known as GearFest) have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation related equipment and earn some extra cash to spend at one of the many outdoor oriented retailers in the Exhibitor Village.
The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to recycle their used gear. This reduces waste going into our landfills and puts more gear in your collection. We are proud to help support aspiring outdoor enthusiasts to get started on their own adventures.
Sell your used outdoor gear and bikes then head to the Exhibitor Village and shop for new gear!
Visitors wishing to sell large items or a large quantity of items should use the Springfield Street Entrance to Eastwood MetroPark for a convenient drop-off location. Those parking in the main event lot must carry their items to the Used Gear Area.
The Used Gear Area provides a few different opportunities for you to sell your gear:
- Used Gear Swap
- Drive Less Live More Bike Swap
- Consignment Sales
Used Gear Swap
Throughout the Used Gear Area individuals with more than 10 items can set up a table to sell and trade items to other adventure enthusiasts. Each person that has a table to sell items is responsible for handling their own transactions and watching their equipment.
Vehicle access is restricted during event operation hours so we encourage you to set up on Saturday morning at 10:30am.
Saturday, October 5th, 11am-4:30pm
|Drive Less Live More Bike Swap
Bring your gently used bikes and usable parts to sell or trade with other cycling enthusiasts at the Drive Less Live More Bike Swap held in the Used Gear Sales area. A 10x10 table space is available to display your items. Budding cyclists and advanced riders might find that bike or related part they always needed. Individuals must supervise their items. No used helmets or bike shorts. No Motorcross, Motorcycle, or ATV equipment is permitted. A completed agreement must be filled out in order to have a table in the Used Gear Area.
Have 10 items or less that you would like to drop off to sell? Then consignment is for you.
- Event staff will manage up to 10 small items for individuals.
- Consigners must check in at the Used Gear Area tent between 10:30am-4:00pm on Saturday.
- Consigners must sign a completed agreement form when dropping off their items for consignment.
- ALL items inside consignment area tent must be registered and tagged.
- All unclaimed items and funds MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:00pm.
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
Five Rivers MetroParks ABSOLUTELY reserves the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment, and apparel.
All unsold items and cash from transactions MUST be claimed by 5:00pm on Saturday.
- Prohibited Items listed below, but not limited to:
- Firearms and Weapons
- Folding, locking blade, under four inch blade knives permitted
- Golf clubs
- Traditional Team Sport Gear – ie basketballs, tennis rackets, soccerballs
- Motorized Recreational Vehicles/Equipment – scooters, ATV, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- MetroParks is not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the consignment area.
- Consignment Agreement Forms must be filled out by each consigner if you are dropping off items.
- CASH ONLY, no checks.
- Any gear or cash left unclaimed by 5:00pm on Saturday will be donated to a non-profit organization.