For questions please call Susan Pringle at Green Earth Outdoors 502-558-8970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors to Midwest Outdoor Experience (formerly known as GearFest) have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation related equipment and earn some extra cash to spend at one of the many outdoor oriented retailers in the Exhibitor Village.
The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to recycle their used gear. This reduces waste going into our landfills and puts more gear in your collection. We are proud to help support aspiring outdoor enthusiasts to get started on their own adventures.
Sell your used outdoor gear and bikes then head to the Exhibitor Village and shop for new gear!
Visitors wishing to sell large items or a large quantity of items should use the Springfield Street Entrance to Eastwood MetroPark for a convenient drop-off location. Those parking in the main event lot must carry their items to the Used Gear Area.
The Used Gear Area provides a few different opportunities for you to sell your gear:
- Used Gear Swap
- Consignment Sales
Used Gear Swap
Tables are reserved for individuals wishing to sell and trade items to other adventure enthusiasts. Each person that has a table to sell items is responsible for handling their own transactions and watching their equipment. Space is FREE, available on a first come, first serve basis and may include outside areas if the Used Gear Shelter is full. Participants are responsible for their own shelter in the event of inclement weather.
Vehicle access is restricted during event operation hours so we encourage you to set up on Friday before 4:00 pm or Saturday morning before 10:30am.
Consignment Sales managed By Green Earth Outdoors
Want to drop off your items, have someone else sell them so that you can enjoy the festival, and come back to cash? Then consignment is for you.
- Green Earth Outdoors staff will manage your gear, whether 1 or 100 items
- You drop off your items, tag and price them and Green Earth Outdoors manages the sale and transaction.
- Consigners must check in at the Used Gear Area shelter
- Used Gear drop-off begins at Noon on Friday, October 3 and will continue throughout festival hours. Vehicle access is available to the Used Gear Area until 4:30 pm on Friday for drop-off and from 8-10 pm on Saturday for pick-up.
- Consigners must sign a completed agreement form when dropping off their items for consignment.
- ALL items inside consignment area tent must be registered, tagged and priced.
- A 20% consignment fee will be charged. Sellers will receive 80% value of their sold items in cash.
- All unclaimed items and funds MUST BE PICKED UP BY 8:00pm on Saturday. Any unclaimed items will be given to charity.
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
Five Rivers MetroParks and Green Earth Outdoors ABSOLUTELY reserves the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment, and apparel.
All unsold items and cash from transactions MUST be claimed by 8:00pm on Saturday.
- Prohibited Items listed below, but not limited to:
- Firearms and Weapons
- Folding, locking blade, under four inch blade knives permitted
- Golf clubs
- Traditional Team Sport Gear â€“ ie basketballs, tennis rackets, soccerballs
- Motorized Recreational Vehicles/Equipment â€“ scooters, ATV, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- MetroParks and Green Earth Outdoors are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the consignment area.
- Consignment Agreement Forms must be filled out by each consigner if you are dropping off items.
- CASH ONLY, no checks.
- Any gear or cash left unclaimed by 8:00pm on Saturday will be donated to a non-profit organization.