The Used Gear area is for sellers and buyers! Shop, consign, or sell your own gear with a portion of the consignment fee going to support Leave No Trace.
Visitors to Midwest Outdoor Experience have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation related equipment and/or earn some extra cash which is perfect to help jumpstart your next new gear purchase.
The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to get that unused gear back in action with a new owner. This reduces waste going into our landfills and puts more gear in your collection. We are proud to help support aspiring outdoor enthusiasts to get started on their own adventure by offering them the opportunity to purchase used gear which is all part of our Waste Free Initiative.
Sell your used outdoor gear and bikes then head to the Exhibitor Village and shop for new gear!
The Used Gear Area provides a few different opportunities for you to sell or buy gear:
- Consignment Sales
- Used Gear Swap
- Clearance Items
Consignment Sales managed by Green Earth Outdoors with a portion of the proceeds supporting Leave No Trace.
Want to drop off your items, have someone else sell them so that you can enjoy the festival, and come back to cash? Then consignment is for you.
- Green Earth Outdoors staff will manage your gear, whether 1 or 100 items
- You drop off your items, tag and price them and Green Earth Outdoors manages the sale and transaction.
- Consigners must check in at the Used Gear Area shelter
- Used Gear drop-off will be from 3-10 pm on Friday, October 2 and from 9 am - 1 pm Saturday, October 3.
- Limited vehicle access is available to the Used Gear Area until 4:00 pm on Friday for drop-off
- Consigners must sign a completed agreement form when dropping off their items for consignment
- ALL items inside consignment area tent must be registered, tagged and priced
- Tags will be provided and must be used.
- If you have a large quantity of items contact Green Earth Outdoors for tags and instructions prior to the event
- A 20% consignment fee will be charged. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a conservation organization
- Sellers will receive 80% of the sale price in cash or you can choose to donate 1-100% of your profits to Leave No Trace and Green Earth Outdoors will match your gift (up to the value of the consignment fee). Example: Item sells for $100. $20 Consignment Fee, $80 to Seller. Seller can choose to donate $1-80 to Leave No Trace and Green Earth Outdoors will match the donation up to $20 in this example.
- All unclaimed items and funds MUST BE PICKED UP BY 7:00 pm on Saturday. (If vehicle access is needed, check in by 7:00pm and then you will need to wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 7:30pm). Any unclaimed items will be given to charity.
Used Gear Swap
The Used Gear Swap is designed for those individuals who want to manage their own sales/swap/enter into negotiations with potential buyers. You manage your stuff and your space. You keep 100% of your sale.
Some tables are reserved for individuals wishing to sell and trade items to other adventure enthusiasts. Each person that has a table to sell items is responsible for handling their own transactions and watching their equipment. Space is FREE, available on a first come, first serve basis. Participants are responsible for their own shelter in the event of inclement weather.
Vehicle access is restricted during event operation hours so we encourage you to set up on Friday before 4:00 pm or Saturday morning before 9:30 am otherwise you will need to carry items to the Used Gear Area.
- Green Earth Outdoors will also be selling closeout clearance items from their store.
- Not only do you have the opportunity to find a deal on some lightly used gear, you might just find a screaming deal on some brand new items, too.
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
Five Rivers MetroParks and Green Earth Outdoors ABSOLUTELY reserves the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment, and apparel.
All unsold items and cash from transactions MUST be claimed by 7:00 pm on Saturday.
- Prohibited Items listed below, but not limited to:
- Firearms and Weapons
- Folding, locking blade, under four inch blade knives permitted
- Golf clubs
- Traditional Team Sport Gear - ie basketballs, tennis rackets, soccer balls
- Motorized Recreational Vehicles/Equipment - scooters, ATV, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- MetroParks and Green Earth Outdoors are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the Used Gear area.
- Consignment Agreement Forms must be filled out by each consigner if you are dropping off items.
- CASH ONLY, no checks. Visa and MasterCards are accepted in the consignment and clearance areas for transactions over $50.00.
- An ATM is available near the main entrance.
- Any gear or cash left unclaimed by 7:00 pm on Saturday will be donated to a non-profit organization.
- All sales are final. No refunds or returns.
- For questions please email email@example.com