Our furry friends will have plenty to do at Midwest Outdoor Experience, just be sure to play by the rules:
- Dogs are welcome, but must be leashed and under control at all times.
- Always remember to pick up after your dog!
- Five Rivers MetroParks reserves the right to ask owners to remove dogs that pose a risk to event visitors or other dogs.
From the smallest jumper to the ultimate high flyers, visitors will be in awe of the Subaru Ultimate Air Dogs throughout Midwest Outdoor Experience weekend. You can even register your own dog at a local Subaru dealer and see if your best buddy is an ultimate air dog! VIEW DETAILS >>
|Subaru Pooch Island Dog Park
For dog lovers who are looking for a more playful experience, check out Subaru’s Pooch Island. This special dog park is conveniently located next to the festival and offers a place for your pooch to play off-leash at Midwest Outdoor Experience. Subaru Pooch Island Dog Park closes at dark during festival. Thanks to the Humane Society of Greater Dayton for the management of this great addition to Midwest Outdoor Experience.
Subaru’s Pooch Island Dog Park rules
- All dogs and their owners must register at the Humane Society of Greater Dayton booth.
- Midwest Outdoor Experience personnel reserve the right to remove any dog that jeopardizes the safety of other dogs or visitors.
- Dogs must be ON leash when entering and exiting off-leash park
- Dogs are NOT permitted to swim in any body of water at Eastwood MetroPark.
- Dogs must have required local immunizations
- Owners are responsible to clean up any doggy droppings while at Eastwood MetroPark.
- Owners must be with dogs at all times while in the Pooch Island Dog Park
- No food
- Owners are encouraged to have their dogs spayed or neutered.
Stop by the Subaru photo booth to get a souvenir photo with your dog.
For dogs and humans on the go, check out the Ruffwear adventure programs offered throughout the weekend. The weekend kicks off on Friday night with a special Ruffwear Ruff Run dog division during the Midwest Outdoor Experience Off-Road 5K. Saturday programs will teach visitors how dogs and humans can enjoy canoeing and backpacking together in the great outdoors. Learn tips, tricks and the gear necessary to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Friday October 5th at 6:40 pm (10 minutes after humans start)
What could possibly make the Midwest Outdoor Experience 5K better? Running with your dog, of course! Your dynamic duo will enjoy the running the course around Eastwood MetroPark offering a unique, off-road experience. You will run through grassy fields, along tree-lined trails and near the Mad River. Stop by the Great Lakes Brewing Company Beer Garden for a post-race party and awards. Registration options include a beer ticket and t-shirt if you choose!
- $16 if you register by Sunday, September 30 ($20 on race day). Entry includes a race tee and a free beer in the Great Lakes Brewing Company Beer Garden.
- Don't want to drink or under 21? A $12 registration fee by Sunday, September 30 ($16 on race day). Entry includes a race tee.
- All runners should check-in at the information tent inside the festival entrance.
- Awards to the Top 3 Men’s, Women’s, Overall and Masters. Medals to Top 3 in each age group.
REGISTER ONLINE or downlaod a registration form and send to:
Runners Plus (Make checks payable to Runners Plus)
8970 Kingsridge Dr.
Dayton, OH 45458
Saturday October 6th Noon
Meet at the Ruffwear booth to register and then to the Eastwood MetroPark Lagoon to learn the ropes about taking a dog on your next canoeing adventure.
Saturday October 6th 4:00 pm
Meet at the Ruffwear booth to learn the ropes about taking a dog on your next hiking or backpacking adventure.