Our Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast is Waste Free
Waste Free initiatives sponsored by City of Dayton Water
What do we do?
Thanks to our partners at the City of Dayton, our 2016 National Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast is waste free. We take progressive steps that encourage visitors, vendors and event partners to act in an earth-friendly manner.
- Eliminate one-time-use water bottles and encourage visitors to bring a water bottle, use compostable cups or “Take Back the Tap” with free water provided by the City of Dayton Water station
- Eliminate Styrofoam and provide compostable plates, forks, napkins and cups that will be composted and turned into soil at one of our MetroParks
- Compost food scraps and provide on-site staffing of recycling/composting stations to educate the public on proper disposal
- Use bulk containers of condiments versus individually wrapped single serve products
- Encourage visitors to bring a water bottle or use compostable cups provided
- Collect grey water from vendors and dispose of properly
What can you do?
- Bike to the event!
- Bring a water bottle to re-fill throughout the festival
- Recycle or compost waste you find at the event
- Bring re-usable food containers and utensils
- Personally thank our partners for helping to green the event